– Room-by-room access control and intruder detection following the move of a private cosmetic surgery practice to new premises in a converted period property
– Easy entry for visitors to the main reception area combined with restricted access to consultation/treatment rooms and post-procedure recovery areas housing high value assets and medication
– Controlled access to patient information, drugs, high value surgical equipment and other areas of risk
– Capabilities to manage access remotely at all hours, without the need for a set on-site administrator
- Entry points to the clinic utilise fob-activated entry, providing privacy for patients and security for patient information, drugs, surgical equipment and waste whilst giving each member of staff the freedom to come and go as appropriate (without the responsibility of setting the alarm)
- Inception’s innovative web-based interface means that authorised users can control the system online via any browser on a computer, tablet or smartphone
- With no software costs and truly universal inputs and outputs, the clinic has been provided with a budget friendly security solution that is both powerful and highly flexible
Gary Carr, Account Manager at IGNIS Fire Protection Services:
“Inception is simple and easy to install and it makes any project cost effective. The user interface is an innovative piece of design that allows any part of the system to be controlled from any PC or smartphone with internet connectivity. This makes it easy for a client to offload security administration on to the maintenance firm or any third party for that matter.”
Inner Range and IGNIS Fire Protection Services provide innovative web-based secure access control for top UK cosmetic surgery clinic
The client is a prestigious purpose-built skin, laser and cosmetic surgery clinic based in central Birmingham. In 2018, they relocated to a Georgian building following an expansion of the practice to welcome new professional associates and provide a greater range of patient services.
Their upgraded and refurbished building includes a larger operating room with dedicated recovery areas, treatments
rooms, consultation rooms and waiting areas.
At this clinic, plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic experts carry out surgical and non-surgical procedures for the face and body as well as cosmetic dentistry, IV nutritional therapy and advanced spa treatments.
As well as a team of renowned doctors and practitioners and their administration team, the new premise is also accessed by numerous patients and their families visiting the clinic for pre-treatment and post-treatment consultations, as well as for the procedures themselves.
In their new premises, the practice required an access control and intruder detection system that delivered:
- Hassle-free access for staff with various levels of authority, from surgeons to administrators e.g. restricted access to
consultation/treatment rooms and post-procedure recovery areas
- Limited access to patient information, drugs, high value surgical equipment and other high-risk assets
- Simple and reliable off-site management by permitted personnel, at any time and via their own computer, tablet or
- A secure yet serene and private experience for patients and visitors e.g. easy entry
Solution & the team:
IGNIS Fire Protection Services installed Inception for this popular cosmetic surgery practice in Birmingham.
With nearly 100 years of combined experience installing security systems, the IGNIS team delivers on its reputation for quality of service, knowledge, reliability and honesty. IGNIS works with integrated access control and intruder detection manufacturer Inner Range to deliver a cost effective, reliable service every time, with safety of staff, customers and visitors of paramount importance.
Inner Range provided Inception, the core access control and intruder detection system used by IGNIS Fire Protection Services on this site. Inception was the perfect choice for this customer because it hangs off the same infrastructure with a single user interface. An integrated system gives the client reassurance, simplicity and ease of use.
A pioneer of integrated access control and intruder detection systems, Inner Range has been a world leader in the design and manufacture of intelligent security solutions since it was established in 1988. More than 150,000 Inner Range systems have been installed in over 30 countries. Inner Range’s award-winning integrated security systems offer smart building management at local, national and global levels.
Security challenges solved:
Inception is Inner Range’s powerful yet affordable access control and intruder detection system, now featuring a range of extra reporting functions, anti-pass back protocols and interlocking doors.
The system provides this dynamic clinic with the integrated access control they need to run their business with the utmost efficiency, safety and security.
Key features available with Inception for this cosmetic surgery clinic in Birmingham include:
- A web-based interface that can be controlled by authorised staff using existing smartphones, tablets or computers
- Various entry points starting at 2 or 4 doors and 16 users and can be expanded if required up to 32 doors and 512 users
- Universal inputs and outputs that can be used independently of each other, to directly control door locks and powered sirens modules
- Secured alarm communication is using 128Bit AES encryption to ensure data privacy
IGNIS installed the Inception system using its industry-first interactive Commissioning Checklist that ensures no steps are missed. That process includes core programming, custom automation, changing default credentials, backing up the database and downloading commissioning reports.
Inception’s wireless adaptability not only gives users flexibility, it means technicians don’t need to find an IP address or connect to the user’s local network. They can also use an adaptor as a service tool to perform maintenance on site.
Benefits for client:
- Peace of mind – 24/7/365 access and intruder detection solutions to keep patients, staff, visitors and assets safe and secure
- Convenience – the system can be controlled at all times via any mobile device
- No forgotten codes to interrupt the sensitive day to day running of the business or cause issues out of hours
- Value for money – no costly additional hardware and no need for a set on-site administrator or security guard
- Easy access and security means reception and support staff can focus on other responsibilities such as patient care
Let’s talk about how we can improve your access control and intruder detection capabilities with
Inception. Please contact Inner Range on 0845 470 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org